Integrated Natural Resources Environmental Management Project
The Integrated Natural Resources and Environmental Management Project (INREMP) is one of the major projects of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources - Forest Management Bureau (DENR-FMB). It aims to address unsustainable watershed management in four priority Upper River Basins (URBs), namely;
1. Chico Upper River Basin in the Cordillera Administrative Region, Northern Luzon;
2. Wahig-Inabanga River Basin in the island of Bohol, Region VII;
3. Bukidnon Upper River Basin in Northern Mindanao, Region X; and
4. Lake Lanao River Basin in the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao.
With particular focus on indigenous peoples and resource-poor communities, the project aims to reduce and reverse degradation of watersheds and associated environmental services caused by forest denudation and unsustainable farming practices.
Mechanisms are being developed to provide incentives to local communities, local government units (LGUs), and the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) for improving natural resource management by generating sufficient and tangible economic benefits.
- Category: Default Pages
- Published: 09 October 2019