RAMON J.P. PAJE: A PROFILE
Secretary Ramon Jesus P. Paje is the 19th secretary of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR). Prior to his appointment, he was DENR's undersecretary for field operations and executive director of the Minerals Development Council under the Office of the President in concurrent capacity.
A holder of a doctorate degree in public administration and a top-rank Career Executive Service Officer (CESO I), Sec. Paje's ascension to the post marks the second time in the DENR's 23-year history to have the proverbial "bottom-to-top" success by a rank and file employee.
Fresh from college, he started his government service in 1982 as a junior forester conducting field inspection of reforestation projects of then Bureau of Forest Development (now forest Management Bureau), then rose from the ranks serving the environment and natural resources sector in various capacities, including undersecretary for environment and programs development, assistant secretary for management services, director for human resources development, among others.
Sec. Paje is a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Forestry from the University of the Philippines at Los Baños, Laguna (UPLB). He finished his M.A. in Urban and Regional Planning and Doctor of Public Administration at the University of the Philippines in Diliman, Quezon City. He has a Certificate on Environmental Economics and Policy Analysis from the Harvard University in Massachusetts, USA.
In 1996, the newly installed DENR chief received the following awards: Ten Outstanding Young Men (TOYM) from the Philippine Jaycees, Outstanding Professional of the Philippines from the Professional Regulation Commission, and the Outstanding Alumnus in Government Service from the University of the Philippines at Los Baños. In 1999, he was the Dr. Jose Rizal "Huwarang Pilipino Awardee" for public service given by the Parangal ng Bayan Awards Foundation.
DENR MIMAROPA Training Needs Assessment (TNA) and Consultative Meeting on Regional Updates Successfully Held
Training and career development of the employees are essential building blocks of an organization's success. Government agencies are not exempted, especially with the reorganization under the rationalized set-up for a more effective and efficient governance. As an initial step in improving productivity of the employees, and in order to provide better services to the public, the Department of Environment and Natural Resources Region IV-B MIMAROPA, through a joint-undertaking of the Administrative Division and Human Resource Development Section (HRDS), a two-day seminar on the Training Needs Assessment (TNA) and Consultative Meeting on Regional Updates was conducted on September 2-3, 2014 at BSA Twin Towers in Mandaluyong City with twenty-three (23) DENR MIMAROPA PENRO, CENROs and administrative officers in attendance.
Regional Director Oscar C. Dominguez showed his full support and congratulated the HRDS in organizing the seminar. His inspirational message highlighted the impact and importance of trainings to the employees as well as to the whole agency. Human Resource Consultant Ms. Jacqueline P. Galvez shared that to be effective and efficient, training programs must start with a needs assessment. After the orientation on Training Needs Assessment (TNA), Ms. Galvez discussed to the participants the strategic Human Resource Plan then proceeded to the training needs workshop. The second day was allotted to the various discussions on different topics such as Rationalization Plan Updates presented by OIC-Chief Administrative Officer Alberto Q. Arbo; Terminal Leave, Incentive Packages and Checkless Payment System by OIC-Chief Finance Division Ruby C. Bautista; and Matrix of Amended Provision to the Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act 9184, Workflow of Bids and Awards Committee, and PhilGEPS Buyer Overview by Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) Secretariat Mr. Rogelio Labrador.
The success of the activity was attributed to the enthusiasm of the participants who were eager to learn, understand and participate in the seminar. Their participation is very significant because they are the ones responsible to carry out training needs assessment of the employees as well as to cascade important information for the betterment of services of our agency, most especially in the implementation of the Rationalization Plan as mandated by Executive Order No. 366. (Jyferson Villapa)
- DENR Region IVB designates New Protected Area Superintendents
- DENR Region IVB holds Mid-year Assessment on the Accomplishment Report of Protected Areas, Wildlife and Coastal Zone Management Service (PAWCZMS) for CY 2014
- DENR Region IVB conducts Seminar-Orientation on National Greening Program (NGP) and other related Environmental Laws
- DENR Region IVB holds Capacity-building on Protected Area Management and Ecotourism Development
- Latest Social Weather Stations survey on the Net Satisfaction with National Administration that a good majority of the Filipino people are satisfied with the government's performance in environmnetal protection.
- “Unang Pagpupulong ng PAMB En Banc ng Marinduque Wildlife Sanctuary Idinaos”
- “Marinduqueños Unites for Earth Hour”
- DENR MIMAROPA Celebrates Earth Day: A 365-day Celebration
- DENR ‘Handog Titulo Program Para sa Mamamayan’
- PNP-MARITIME GROUP COMMENDS DENR, PAWB EMPLOYEES
- DENR REGION IV-B INK MOA WITH PIA IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF CLIMATE CHANGE ADAPTATION AND MITIGATION ADVOCACY CAMPAIGN
- PRODUCTIVE AND MEANINGFUL, A NEW VISION FOR RETIREMENT
- DENR MIMAROPA CONSULTATION WORKSHOP ON REGIONAL OFFICE PERFORMANCE COMMITMENT REPORT (OPCR) CONVENED SUCCESSFULLY
- DENR MIMAROPA RE-VALIDATES NATIONAL GREENING PROGRAM (NGP) SITES IN PALAWAN AND OCCIDENTAL MINDORO
- LAND MANAGEMENT SUMMIT IN PALAWAN
- 14th PSS NATIONAL CAVE CONGRESS IN MARINDUQUE